Sonntag, 29. Juni 2014

OOTD - Warm Spring Day

Yesterday I've been to a family barbecue and it has been a pretty warm day, even though it has been cloudy and started to rain at the end of the day. 
I did something different to my hair (I'll show you what I did at the end of the post) and kind of stepped out of my comfort zone with my outfit. 

My top is from Primark and it's a really bright flowy top. As you can see, it's very loose fitted and has a huge floral print on it. It is layered, but I prefer to tuck the bottom layer into my shorts to make it look like a cute little crop top! I'm usually not the typ of girl who wears a lot of color or huge patterns, but this was really pretty and I think it's great for the spring and summertime. 

I usually don't like to wear shorts because I don't think they flatter me (it doesn't really show off in the photo), but today I felt like it was too warm to wear long pants. These shorts are from H&M and they have a really nice texture to them. They are again loosely fitted, what makes it appear as if you are wearing a little skirt. They have really cute details and pockets on the sides. 

For shoes I just went with my white low converse because I felt like they are the comfiest shoes I could wear. I think these shoes are a little bit too sporty for this outfit and sandals would look way cuter, but I took off my shoes as soon as I got to my family so I didn't really care. 

I also styled my hair a little bit different today, as I already mentioned at the beginning of the post. I french-braided the front sectioned of my hair down to my ear and then continued to regularly braid my hair all the way down to the bottom. This allows me to wear my hair down and still don't struggle about hair getting into my face.
haven't had clear elastics and normal ones kinda look "wrong"..
I've been inspired to do this hairstyle by Bethany Mota on YouTube (you can watch her video here, the hairstyle is at 0:40 minutes)!

Hope you enjoyed todays little post and leave me feedback in the comments. 
xx

10 Kommentare:

  1. lovely outfit!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love your hair like that! Looks lovely, cute outfit too :)

    Have a good week!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Lovely post and outfit! I'm obsessed with braids in summer :)
    Www.laurieelle.com x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I love braids, too, but I'm not really good at doing them haha xx

      Löschen
  4. Antworten
    1. thank you, have been really insecure about posting it, because there are so many pretty fashoin bloggers out there.. xx

      Löschen
  5. Looking gorgeous hun! Lovely blog, definitely a new reader! xx

    www.thefrancescadiaries.com

    AntwortenLöschen