Donnerstag, 7. August 2014

Summer Smoothies

One of my favourite things in summer are smoothies. I drink them for breakfast, as little snacks and even like to drink them for dinner when I'm not extremely hungry! There are so many ways you can make them, you don't have to stick to recipies. 

1) The first one I really like is a normal raspberry smoothie. 
You only need : - Raspberries
                          - Apple or Orange Juice

                         (- Really fine Oatmeal) 

Just throw frozen or fresh raspberries in the blender. Then, you'll only need to add a tiny bit of juice (it's always easier to start off with less liquids because sometimes it can get difficult to guess how much you need for a smoothie consistency). I like to use the liquid to measure out how much smoothie I want to get. If you use one glass of juice you'll get about one glass of smoothie. I also like to add some oatmeal to make everything a little bit thicker. Blend until everything is smooth. 

Sorry for the crappy quality of these pictures, but I made this one in the morning and was running out of time, so I had no time to search my camera.. 


2) The second one is a breakfast smoothie. It gives a lot of energy for your day. 
All you need is:   - Oatmeal
                           - Strawberries
                           - Blueberries
                           - Frozen raspberries
                           - Any type of milk/juice

                           - Almonds or nuts (optional)

Start off by chopping off the greens (if you use fresh fruit, the strawberries in my local grocery store looked disgusting so I opted for frozen ones..) and cleaning your fruit. Pop the frozen and the fresh fruit (I recommend adding the frozen fruit first, because it's harder to blend) into your blender and add your liquid. Also add some oatmeal and your nuts. Blend until everything is smooth and you don't have big chunks in there anymore. You can always vary with the amount of fruit you use, thats why I don't give you any measurements. Of course you can always change up the fruits and use the ones you like most.




3) The third smoothie is a more tropical one (well, the only tropical fruit is kiwi, but let's pretend it's made out off many fancy fruits). It's really sweet and delicious and gives a lot of energy (just like every other smoothie haha). 
You will need : - Banana
                         - Kiwi

                         - Peaches
                         - Apple Juice (every other juice is great, too)

Chopp half of the banana and a peach into little chunks and scoop out the flesh of your kiwi. Put everything into your blender and add some juice. Blend until everything is smooth and add more liquid until you get your desired consistency. 


If it's really hot outside, just pop some ice cubes into your blender (you want to blend them first with the highest level, because they're really hard to blend and you don't want to destroy your blender!) and everything is cold and refreshing. 

That's it for todays post, I hope you enjoyed. What do you like to eat/drink in the hot summer season?
xx

8 Kommentare:

  1. I've never put apple juice, almonds or kiwi in my smoothies before but yours look really good and I'm excited to try it out! :) Thanks for sharing these cool recipes!

    Every Day In Grace

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh my god, these look so delishious! I wish I had a blender at home but sadly my family hasn't really gotten into smoothies and other blended drinks. I'm so bookmarking these for later, though! Thank you for sharing. :)
    Elina | Miss Blue Eyes

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. We haven't had a blender for a long long time, so I just invested into my own haha xx

      Löschen
  3. These all sound delicious! Definitely gotta try the breakfast cereal as I have to admit, I have chocolatey kids cereal every morning.
    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    YouTube - Eleanor Rose

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Me too, but I'm loving smoothies at the moment :-)

      Löschen
  4. These look really delicious!

    ~ K

    AntwortenLöschen