Montag, 15. September 2014

Healthy food recipe - TeenBlogSeries

In today's post for the #teenblogseries you'll be able to read a healthy recipe from each of the about 80 bloggers participating. I have to say I'm not the healthiest eater but I do love this easy recipe! 

All you need is :
- Salmon
- 1 (small) Zucchini
- Herbs, Salt, Pepper
(- Bread/Baguette)

This is so easy, I'm a little bit ashamed because I know that so many of the bloggers will upload great recipes! 
There are two different ways you can make this.

1.) Since I can only get frozen salmon where I live, I start off by taking that out to unfreeze a little bit. I then go ahead and slice my zucchini and flavor the salmon with whatever herbs I like (I use salt, pepper and some Mediterranean herbs). Then, you only need to get a huge piece of aluminum foil and spread half of the zucchini so that you can place the salmon on top of it. Finish off the salmon with another layer of zucchini and close the aluminium foil. Make sure it's secure, so that no liquids (of the salmon or the zucchini) can drip out.
Place the package on the barbecue for about 40 minutes (20 minutes from each side) and then check if the salmon is cooked. The time it takes for the salmon to be cooked varies, so you might put it back on. Once it's ready you have a really delicious salmon with fresh vegetable. You can also roast some slices of bread on the barbecue and eat it with guacamole! 

2.) If it's too cold outside you can also cook this recipe in your kitchen. You basically do the exact same thing you would have done in the first alternative. Cut the zucchini and season the salmon. Heat up a big pan with a little bit of olive oil and drop the salmon in. The frozen one takes about 6-8 minutes from each side (fresh one would only take about 4 minutes from each side). Once the salmon is nearly cooked, pop in the zucchini. Season it and bake it until it's golden brown on both sides. Again, just eat some bread with guacamole, if the salmon and zucchini isn't filling enough. 
Had no photo of the food, so here is a photo from Google showing nearly the recipe I went for.

I love that this recipe is so quick and easy and still so delicious! Salmon is really good for you because it's full with protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Zucchini is really healthy, too, and the avocado in guacamole is also full of good fats. 

Hope you enjoyed today's post!
xx

1 Kommentar: